My photo
Nashville, TN, United States

Friday, August 15, 2008

My little talker


Here's a (finally!) updated picture of Jack. This was taken at his Mimi's birthday lunch while he was sitting on the birthday girl's lap. I know you'd probably rather see tons of updated pictures, and I promise I will do that soon (it's been a busy summer...what can I say?!) but I thought I'd catch everybody up on all of Jack's new words. He's been saying "Dada" for many months and "Mama" for a few months, but now he's also saying:
Mimi
Pop (for Poppy)
Nanana (for banana)
Hi (which he screams in his loudest voice every time he says it)
Bye
Mag (for Maggie) or maybe it's more like, "Mah"...can't tell...
There's more but that's all I can think of right now!

He's also clapping, pointing, waving hello & goodbye, and giving high-fives. We laugh at him all the time because any statement that is posed as a question, such as, "Jack, do you want some prunes?" he automatically shakes his head no and sometimes you'll get a slight grunt as well, as if to reaffirm that he really means no. Pretty much no matter what the question is he'll answer with a no. Don't worry: I'm working on the yes-thing! :)

In other big Jack news, he is now a poster-child for our local YMCA. Literally.
I'm there working out just about every weekday, which means he is too, and all of the girls that work in the nursery adore Jack and get so excited to see him every time we walk in the door. The head of the child-care department chased me down the other day to ask my permission to use Jack's picture in their new brochure. She showed me the picture and it is adorable. Jack's sitting on the floor with toys all around him just grinning his biggest grin right into the camera. I'll have to figure out a way to scan it in once I get a copy so you all can see it.

More later (with more pictures!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is that child? i don't think i recognize him. :) glad you finally posted! mom told me this weekend about his "hi" and i just about died laughing... i can't wait to see it in person! love you and see you in a month!

aunt amy said...

Can't wait to see Jack's first public photo op. He's so photogenic. I'm sure there will be more pics in his future!

Amanda Conley said...

he's so cute! Can't wait to see the Y picture!

Mother/Mimi said...

Did I mention that when I was with Jack recently he said, "Mimi, I love you so much and you are the best Mimi in the whole wide world"? No? Well it sure did sound like that to me!

You know I love that little "no" and the grunt and "hiiiiiiiiii!". He is so fun!!! Love him so!