My photo
Nashville, TN, United States

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day


This was my first official mother's day (well, ok, I did celebrate last year because I was pregnant, but it wasn't exactly the same thing) and it was wonderful! Jim made it a mother's weekend instead of just one day and he was so sweet and made me feel really special all weekend long. I got a massage on Saturday and my back finally does not feel like it's on the verge of snapping in two (it's hard carrying a 22 lb baby on your hip all day long!) and then on Sunday we got to do whatever I wanted to do which included walking down to the Hill Center, doing some shopping, and eating lunch. Then that night, we had my mom & Benton and Court and her family over for cupcakes to celebrate with them. (By the way, I did steal this picture from Courtney's blog because I can't seem to find any of the pictures we took on our camera from mother's day!) But anyway, it was a great weekend and I was so sad for it to end. I really love being a mom so much and it was so fun to get to celebrate that with my family. We're off to New Orleans this afternoon for the weekend because Lindsay is graduating from medical school! Hooray for Lindsay!!!! I'll post pictures of our trip when we return...

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You can steal from my blog any time. Glad you made it back safely from NOLA!

Christy Z said...

We were close to you but we were busy. There were 27 of us there!
We will probably come up there in the fall over Parker's break. But you are always welcome here.

By the way... czarb23@yahoo.com

Mother/Mimi said...

Look at all those mothers in that photo!!!! My favorite day of the year is Mother's Day (as you well know) because it celebrates the role I get to wear that I treasure so much. I love being your mother!!!