My photo
Nashville, TN, United States

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Reading makes you smart!


...Or so I've heard! Jim took this picture because he wanted to document me reading to Jack. I guess he thought Jack wouldn't believe us if we tell him when he's older, so we needed hard proof to back up our story! :)

He really does love it when we read to him, though. I bet we read about 15-20 books a day and I love that he loves it so much. I've always loved reading so I hope somehow that gets passed on to Jack.

I don't think I've discussed Jack's sleeping habits lately, so let me update you: nighttime is WONDERFUL! Up until the past few weeks, he was still waking up for that early morning (4 or 5am) feeding and then he'd fall back asleep until about 7am. Well, I'm happy to report that he's finally dropped that feeding and is now sleeping continuously from 7:30pm to 7-7:30am. Aah.... Now if only I could sleep continuously throughout the night! For some reason I am waking up at least once, sometimes twice, for no reason at all. I think I've trained myself to not sleep through the night! Yikes! Did any of you other moms go through this? How do I make it stop? It's so frustrating that my kid can sleep through the night but I can't!

1 comment:

Amanda Conley said...

O.K there are so many posts I didn't know which one to comment on! Ha ha! Good job!
You probably have conditioned yourself to wake up at night! Sorry! That happened to me too. Maybe it'll go away.
Hope to see you this weekend!