My photo
Nashville, TN, United States

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tummy Time can be OK



Like most kids, Jack used to HATE tummy time. He's finally doing a little better with it and I took these pictures because I couldn't believe he was being this easy-going as this was the morning after our (sleepless!) first night of letting him cry-it-out a little. (By the way, I promise I do put him in something else besides pj's, but for some reason every time I have the camera nearby at home he's in a pair!) Speaking of crying-it-out, last night went really great...he slept for 12 hours with only 3 sessions of 5 minute crying! I got 8 straight hours of sleep, which is something I haven't had since my 1st trimester of being pregnant with him! The naps haven't gone so great, though. Naps have always been harder than nighttime sleep, but he gets to the point where he looks like he will just fall over (or falls asleep nursing) and I try to put him down but he just cries and cries and never falls asleep. He looks pretty awake when I go in to check on him every 5-10 minutes or so, as opposed to sleepy-crying other times. I am at a loss of what to do. This kid has GOT to nap! Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin & Jim! I love reading your blog and the pictures are awesome. I can't believe how big Jack is getting, and he looks so cute in all his outfits :) I hope he sleeps better, hang in there Mom & Dad. I need to come over and play with Jack soon - Love you guys, Aunt Annie

Mother/Mimi said...

Oh my gosh how cute he looks in those pictures! These may be my favorite yet!!!

Courtney said...

I don't have any advice that you haven't already heard (since this is lately our favorite topic of conversation) but I just want to say again: Hang in there! He'll figure it out soon :)

Cole said...

He's so sweet! I can't believe I haven't met him..that's sad. You're at the phase that starts to get so fun (amidst the other challenges:sleeping, etc..) but seriously, they take off so quickly, you'll be amazed how much he changes the next few months! Good job on keeping up the posts, isn't it fun?